February 2, 2015

7 Billion People!!!

There are so many people in the world today. It is just mind blowing to me. To think that in the year I was born, we reached 6 billion and almost 10 years later another billion people were added to the world. Whoa.
I never really think of things like that. It doesn't hit you that we could run out of food to eat or clean water to drink or no land to live on. It's crazy to me. If we hit 10 billion, what are we going to do?
Only 1.4 billion people are in agriculture. That's about 1/7 of the world population feeding all 7 billion of us. I don't know about you all, but that's mind-boggling. 

~Giselle Cole

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I really like your pictures, Giselle. Second of all, I completely agree with you. It's really surprising to me that only 1/7 of us are growing the food for ALL of us. There should be enough food to go around, though many in "Third-World" countries are starving each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice for people to contribute more to our food supply, but not everyone would be interested in doing so. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete